Cyberfiction: After the Future explores a place where cybernetics sets the terms for society, life and culture—our world of ubiquitous info-tech, instantaneous capital flows, and immanent catastrophe. Economics fuses with technology to create a new kind of speculative fiction: cyberfiction. Paul Youngquist reveals the ways in which J. G. Ballard, Philip K. Dick, Samuel Delany, Octavia Butler, and William Gibson, among others, map a territory where information reigns supreme and the future is becoming a thing of the past.
Possibly Related Posts:
- IRL: Disney Movies VR on Steam
- 21 Killer Sci-Fi Costumes You Can Still Get (and save on) For Halloween
- Farscape The Complete Series – Now on Blu-Ray
- New Book: Just Another Chosen One!
- IRL: Valve And Shapeways Let You Bring Games To Life