Take these with a grain of salt and/or a pinch of humor, but if you’re looking for a costume unlike any other, read on.
- Last summer there were a lot of cute, creative, and snazzy ladies (and a few gentlemen) dressed as the Doctor’s TARDIS. Keeping with that theme, I think this should be the summer of dressing like Doc Brown’s time-traveling Delorean DMC. Come on, I know you can do it.
- Any costume created by Rob Liefield in the 1990s. (If you need a moment to laugh or cry, you can take it right now. I know I had to.)
- Cosplay your favorite Game of Thrones character who hasn’t died. (Well, at least you probably won’t be overwhelmed with choices.)
- Everyone does adorable younger versions of adult characters, but what of you did old versions of teenage characters? Would they finally have comfy shoes for their outfits? (Would Scott Summers have a nice chain for his red protective lenses?)
- Take the first iteration of your favorite character and mash it with the latest one. Or combine the absolute worst costume/uniform your favorite character has worn with the best one.
- Cosplay a 2D video game character. You may not move in more than two dimensions.
- Work with themes and combine random characters. Take Dreamwork’s Jack Frost, Disney’s Queen Elsa, DC’s Victor Fries, and Marvel’s Emma Frost (I know she doesn’t actually have ice powers, but it’s okay). Now pick two and mash up!
- Someone should cosplay characters from The Lego Movie. Either as actual people (which would look kind of great) or, like in the case of 2D video game characters, in such a fashion that they really look like Lego people and can only move their joints in one direction. Extra points for posing and walking as Lego people for a whole day.
- Choose a currently popular young adult fantasy series (I won’t name any names, but maybe Divergent or The Maze Runner might be good options). Dress like your favorite normal person from that series. Either that lady on the street who doesn’t care about the rebellion in the capital, or that guard who has his day ruined by meddling kids. Go wild.
- I love it when people dress up as kaiju, and I bet this summer we’ll see a few more than normal with the new Godzilla movie. But what if you dressed up as the very first person in the green kaiju suit? All you’d have to do is wear an undershirt, shorts, and a sweat band around your forehead and look exhausted and underappreciated. (This is the new easiest cosplay ever. You read it here first.)
Possibly Related Posts:
- Friday Fiction: Coughed Up
- How Is Rick and Morty Season 4?
- Magic: The Gathering Meta Report: (Late) November
- Friday Fiction: The Rules of Reality
- Why What You Watch Is Your Hobby (Yes, Even You!)