The next Star Trek contest is HERE!
Based on your votes from our initial fan survey, the next contest will be…. <drumroll>…
Flash Fan Fiction!
9/29/16 The contest is now closed. We will be announcing winners in the next few weeks. Thanks for all the entries!
What’s the “flash” mean you ask? It means 500 – 1500 words. Which means you can write it (and we can read it) in a flash (sort of).
Now, we know that not everyone is a writer. But the good news for our fans that are not writers is that you all will get to read some of the best stories submitted.
Here’s how it’s going to work:
- Contest entrants will submit their Star Trek based fan fiction stories of 500 – 1500 words (500 minimum & 1500 maximum) by midnight Eastern time on Monday the 26th of September via a PDF file or Google Doc to scifibloggers at gmail.
- Sci-Fi Bloggers writing staff will read and judge the stories internally and select the top finalists.
- The top 3 story authors will receive one of the awesome Star Trek model ships below.
- Winners will be notified via email so please include your name & email on the entry and also your by-line if it’s different than your name.
But wait… there’s more!
The top 3 stories will also be published on Sci-Fi Bloggers! Yep, your name in lights right here. Tell your friends!
Now for the fine print:
- Your fan fiction story must be original and written by you. Do not submit stories that you’ve found on fan sites, blogs, books, comics, etc. We have a zero-tolerance plagiarism policy.
- Your story can have been written at any time. It does not have to be written specifically for this contest. It does not have to be unpublished. As long as it’s your original work, and it meets the size requirements (500 – 1500 words), you can submit it.
- Please label your story UNPUBLISHED or PUBLISHED. IF your story has been previously published, please indicate when and where.
- Your story must be complete. For example, please do not submit a chapter from a longer story that you’ve written.
- Your story should be formatted double spaced for easier reading with a clear easy to read font that is between 12 and 14 points in size.
- Please do not include images in your submission – words only please.
- Please use proper grammar and spelling. We really don’t want to have to do major editing of your story and would hate for a great tale to miss the prize because of something as easy to correct as grammar, spelling, or punctuation.
- Please keep the story PG-13 at the highest. Sci-Fi Bloggers is a family-friendly place.
- By submitting your story, you attest that it is original and you have the right to publish it. You will also hold Sci-Fi Bloggers harmless if for some reason someone claims it, etc., etc.
- By submitting your story, you give Sci-Fi Bloggers the right to publish it on the site as long as it is credited to you by way of your name or by-line that you supply (specify which in your submission).
- When you submit your story, you must provide your name and a valid email address that you actually check so we may contact you if you’re a winner. You will have 10 days to respond and claim your prize. If we don’t hear from you in that time, your prize may be awarded to someone else.
- There is a maximum of 2 submissions per entrant.
- Submit your stories to scifibloggers at gmail (you know the rest).
Okay, so now, here are the ships!
Ship 1: The “Original” NCC-1701 Retrofit from Star Trek – The Motion Picture
Ship 2: Klingon Bird-Of-Prey
This is the ship that Captain Kirk & crew used to rescue the humpback whales in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.
Ship 3: Jem’Hadar Fighter – From Star Trek: Deep Space 9
This small but powerful ship, about the size of a Bird-Of-Prey, wreaked havoc on the Federation, Klingons, and Romulans during our war with the Dominion.
And that’s the three prizes! So, get busy now writing those stories! The deadline for entry is midnight Monday September 26th, 2016.
One last thing, staff and affiliates of Sci-Fi Bloggers are ineligible to enter or win. I’m watching you.
That’s everything! And, as always, live long and prosper!
STAR TREK and all related marks, logos and characters are owned by CBS Studios Inc. SciFi Bloggers.com, the website, the promotion thereof and/or any exhibition of material created by SciFiBloggers.com is not endorsed or sponsored by or affiliated with CBS/Paramount Pictures, Eaglemoss Publishing or the STAR TREK franchise.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Magic: The Gathering Meta Report: (Late) November
- Friday Fiction: The Rules of Reality
- Why What You Watch Is Your Hobby (Yes, Even You!)
- The Surprise of The New Sonic Trailer
- Friday Fiction: The Plundered Wealth of Knowledge