Once again, DC gets its act together (finally) with a stand-alone DC hero film. Aquaman is a holiday hit with more than $1 Billion in Global Box Office, and with good reason. It’s a great, fun, well executed film. Definitely worth 2 viewings in IMAX.
Now if they could only do that with the rest of the universe, we’d be in business. I mean seriously, how do you mess up the Justice League and Suicide Squad? HOW? I’ll tell you how. You say “We’re not trying to be Marvel.” Really? Why not? Why reinvent the wheel? Half (or more) of the characters are practically the same anyway. Why mess up a successful formula? DC actually has the best superheroes. Yeah, I said it. They do. But yet they can’t get it right save the Dark Knight Trilogy? Absurd. Hollywood is always copying. So copy away and count your money and happy fans. Don’t get me wrong, I love Marvel, their movies, and characters, but Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman are my 3 favorite superheroes and always will be. It pains me to see the DCEU wasting such potential. <End Rant>
Possibly Related Posts:
- Corpse Bride: Macabre Whimsey And Charm
- Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children: A Slightly Less Peculiar Review Of The First Book
- Friday Fiction: Home, Wherever It Is
- Invader Zim: Enter The Florpus: Welcome Back
- Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker: The Culmination