Hello to all Sci-Fi lovers. If you’re looking for the most throughly researched, humungous battles ever conceived in Sci-Fi film, then look no further. Here you’ll see 5 of the most exciting battles, certain to keep you on the edge of your seats. “These are the “Battles” you’ve been looking for!”
5) Starship Troopers – This is a massive battle film, and frankly if you’re not on the edge of your seat for the majority of the time then, I would tap your knee with a small hammer. Humans fighting giant bugs that just won’t take no for an answer. Personally I would have called pest control!
4) Independence Day – “Welcome to Earth… Now That’s what I call a Close Encounter!” Que that cigar! Yes, you’ll see some staggering effects, cheesy lines as building’s and monuments get obliterated by some aliens in, literally, a flash and Bill Pullman. Though it’s outdated and some of the effects are not without there flaws, it’s certainly worth a watch, or you want to go through a little nostalgia, and watch it again by reaching at the back of that DVD shelf, that’s no doubt collected some dust.
3) Matrix Revolutions – With the wait of 2 previous films seemingly leading towards a massive climax, it certainly doesn’t disappoint when it does arrive. With this very big battle scene, there’s fantastic futuristic imagination and solid feel of world domination, if the fight fails and falls in favor to the machines.
2) Avatar – Not only listed as the highest earning film of all time, but also getting more than 8 nods of appreciation at the Oscars. It’s the first time I saw a battle that actually looked beautiful, despite people being annihilated, as in the vibrant colors and scenery. 2nd highest earning film of all time is “Titanic” another film by Mr Cameron, got the knack Jack.
1) Star Wars – Was there any other film you were expecting, I mean seriously! Really? Star Wars is probably top on most list’s, certainly where battles are concerned. In terms of Battles there are a lot of them, to narrow it down, the “Battle of Hoth” in Empire Strikes Back – AT-AT is truly staggering.
Possibly Related Posts:
- The Lottery: Episode Five – “Crystal City”
- MOVIE REVIEW: Parts Per Billion (2014)
- TV PREP: The Leftovers – “Guest” & “Solace for Tired Feet”
- SUNDAY SURPRISE: The Zombie-Infested Universe of George A. Romero
- MOVIE REVIEW: Monsters (2010)